In this presentation it is shown a complete workflow for 3D-Reconstruction using a civil drone and getting structure-from-motion (SFM) technologies. Security issues and legal aspects are also considered.
The following questions and actions are discussed and
- what is the minimum set for a drone mission (Hardware and Software Requirements)
- basics for flying a drone, Safety and Security and legal aspects
- basics to prepare an autonomous flight
- concrete steps to prepare and fly the mission
- how to process the data (image data)
- e.g. how to get still images from a video stream and more
- practical aspects about photogrammetry, especially stereo photogrammetry
- define the workflow for 3D reconstruction using commercial software.
Arno Fischer is a Professor for Operating Systems and Computer Networks at the University of Applied Sciences Brandenburg (FHB). He has been working on drone technologies: Anticollision Systems (Detect and Avoid), Attitude Control, Safety and Security for Drones, Civil Applications and Use Cases with Drones and Teaching Concepts. On Behalf of FHB he is member of UAV-DACH and DIN (NA 131-01-01 AA Arbeitsausschuss Unbemannte Luftfahrtsysteme).